Dear all,

This term I'll be running a reading group on Andy Clark's recent
"Surfing Uncertainty". I've already had some interest expressed by
people from a few different departments. The book spans a number of
different disciplines (neuroscience, psychology, machine learning,
philosophy, etc.) so people from all backgrounds are welcome.

The plan is to meet on Thursdays from 4-5.30pm in the graduate common
room in the philosophy faculty throughout the term, and to read a
chapter a week, starting with chapter 1 for October 6th. (It may also be
helpful to read the book's introduction for this week as well).

We'll begin each week with a 15 minute presentation. I'll give the first
one.

Send me an email if you'd like to be added to the email list.

Best wishes,

Dan.

--
Daniel Williams