From Keith.Carter  Mon Apr 19 07:46:00 2004
From: Keith.Carter (Carter, Keith)
Date: Sun Dec 24 13:10:39 2006
Subject: [Phono-L] Claymont Show?

Well,
I thought I would be the first to ask if anyone went to the Claymont Show
Sunday, AND....
Did they get anything nice?
keith
From Gpaul2000  Mon Apr 19 11:45:18 2004
From: Gpaul2000 (gpaul2...@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 24 13:10:39 2006

One man's "nice" is another man's "junk," but I happen to like 1912-1915
Diamond Disc machines.  I bought a decent "A-80" (with no reproducer) out of
the
back of a guy's car in the parking lot for $125.00.  The interesting part is
that it has a METAL grille.  I've never heard of such a thing, and was
suspicious, but it's real.  The downside was that it was missing its brake and
speed
control knob.  An hour later in the show, a junky "B-80" turned up (cabinet
missing 1/2 its veneer) missing reproducer and crank but otherwise complete
(with
brake and speed control knob) and running - for 20 bucks.  What are the
chances?  I found a couple of neat paper items, and another part I needed for a
machine back home.  Good show for me...!

George Paul