I recently sold a phonograph on eBay, and the transaction was satisfactorily
completed and immediate payment received.  The next day I received an e-mail
from a collector, whom I know, in Europe, asking about a "second chance offer"
he received.  I told him I suspected fraud, and it clearly was.  Here are parts
of the e-mails, which I thought you would enjoy seeing.  Always be careful of
any "second chance offers".

      Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid is still
available for purchase:

Second Chance Offer
The seller, is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was
either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item
for sale.

(NOT TRUE, TRANSACTION WAS COMPLETED, NO DUPLICATE AVAILABLE)

Will work thru eBay. If you are still interested please confirm your
shipping address. And name. As soon as I receive your info, I'll start the
official  procedure, and ebay will notify you. You'll receive important
guidelines and instructions from them.
 Looking forward to your reply.

I still have a question before I decide. Are you offering me the
phonograph that was on sale yesterday or is it a similar phonograph. If so
could you
provide me a picture?

hi,  Yes is the same item that you bid on.  I am sorry but I am not able to
make more pictures since the package is already done and it is located at my
local FEDEX ready to be delivered and I can t reopen the package and loose the
warranty and the shipping costs that I have already paid till now..

What a jerk.  Who would believe a story like that!

Ray