I have an early Edison Model K reproducer that sounds crappy.  Who would you
recommend for a rebuild with good sound as the priority?
From loran  Fri Mar 19 11:26:21 2004
From: loran (Loran T. Hughes)
Date: Sun Dec 24 13:10:37 2006
Subject: [Phono-L] General Announcement

Sorry to post this non-phono related item. Please bear with me...

There is a new version of the Bagel worm that doesn't send an
attachment, but exploits computers running MS Outlook & Internet
Explorer. Just by opening the email in Outlook, the HTML code in the
message will download the worm from another infected computer, turn off
your anti-virus program, and run the worm. The worm will then open a
backdoor on your computer and start a web server, which in turn serves
the worm to other victims.

Why am I sending yet another virus alert? Well, this is just a round
about way to say that emails from Phono-L are safe from such things SO
FAR. Currently, Phono-L strips all HTML and attachments from messages.

However, I can't stop a worm/virus from 'spoofing' the Phono-L email
address in the 'from' line. Just remember, if it doesn't say [Phono-L]
in the subject line, it didn't come from the list!

My unsolicited advice - use ANYTHING other than Outlook for your email.
For other email clients, make sure you disable the ability to display
HTML. Keep your anti-virus software up to date and run Windows Update.
Or better, buy a Mac.

Phono-L/oldcrank.com lives on a Linux server, my home desktop is a Mac,
and my laptop runs Linux. If you get this nasty bug, it won't be from me
:)

Loran