From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.com
[mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.com]on Behalf Of john robles
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 2:16 PM
To: redg...@telus.net; Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Edison "demo" reproducer on Ebay - what is it?

FURTHER DISCOVERY!! If you check the high biddder, it is 'rusjan'. I suspect
this is a scam and that this guy is shilling his own stuff. Anyone wanna turn
him in, or shall I? The feedback list is the damning evidence. I checked the
first three most recent transactions listed, and although they showed different
bidders winning, when you go to the actual auction, the winning bidder is
always listed as this rusjan person. He is using other names on the feedback
list, somehow.
John

Patrick Gunn
wrote:
I saw this item on Ebay, and I'm wondering what it's purpose was/is?
The seller lists that it's a dealer sample, but I'm not sure why
something like that would've been created (only the top portion of the
reproducer, with a serial, and in black). Perhaps it was solely for
displaying horns on machines? Any ideas? I'm now curious...

http://tinyurl.com/54t37

Item number: 2259749264
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2259749264

Patrick