None of my C-2 chassis give ideal performance but I have an Edison radio
with the same chassis & have connected the C-2 turntable to it and the
sound is superb.   I had the repairman make the filter switcheable & never
use it.   I don't find the surface noise to be excessive.    All diamond
discs sound better played this way than acoustically.   Strangely, some of
the acoustically recorded diamond discs such as the Prelude to FAUST have
true bass (sadly the Golden Gate Orchestra's acoustically recorded diamond
discs DO NOT exhibit this bass where one would want it most - to hear
Adrian Rollini's bass sax) & naturally the electrically recorded diamond
disc reveal both bass & highs not heard with acoustical reproduction though
the "overload" distortion on some, oddly found on later electrically
recorded dismond discs than earlier,  is still quite apparent.  I find the
sound quality superior to my early Brunswick Panatrope as well as my
Orthophonic Victrolas.  I look forward someday to having my C-2 chassis put
in proper playing condition - the performance through the Edison radio
shows how they SHOULD sound.

                                                                       Very
truly yours,

                                                                       Jim