From: Stan Stanford <s...@clarphon.com>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] CAPS phonograph show
To: "Antique Phonograph List" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Date: Friday, August 14, 2009, 7:44 AM

Jerry Blais and I drove to the CAPS Show as usual.   There were interesting
machines to buy and I sold most of what I brought including 6 phonographs and
many related small items.    The entertainment for the Banquet as Scott and
Denise have described was superb....as good as any I have seen over the past 10
or 12 years.   Jerry and I sat next to the fellows running the projector.   The
precision with which they worked was amazing, and the pianist played non-stop
for about 1 1/2 hours.  In addition to all this we heard the world's oldest
recorded sound from about 1857 thanks to David Giovannoni.   Congrats CAPS for
such a great Show!!!

Stan Stanford, President
Oregon Territory Antique Phonograph Society

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott and Denise Corbett"
<sdcorb...@earthlink.net>