Sorry, I came in late on this. Someone obviously attached the ID plate for an
Orthophonic table model to another Victor. But which Victor did they attach it
to ? and what was that crazy little turntable from ?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Kasindorf" <barry.kasind...@gmail.com>
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:29:51 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] What did I buy? Ebay item 220523099867

I think that many Ebay sellers claim ignorance about what the phono they
are selling really is when they know full well it is junk.
If this was a real onsite auction or estate sale you could more closely
examine a piece, get a better feel for it and make a decision. No matter
how many pictures you have on Ebay you really don't have the same
feeling for an item as you do in person.
Saying buyer beware is simplistic in this situation. You still need some
sense of honesty and cooperation from the seller if there was a
misunderstanding of what the item is instead of the usual glee taken
when a novice collector or even a older collector in a hurry
misunderstands what is for sale and gets taken.
-Barry