Bruce,
I help put on a local antique show and it is an enormous effort. I agree
that* job one* is to fill the hall so to speak. Whatever a show is or may
be, growing attendance is your job and selling is the dealers. I hope all
have faith however. Buyers are very reserve right now but the fact that so
many came is a good sign. Today's tire kicker is many times tomorrows
collector.

An interesting note about shows. The NAWCC (clock guys) have successively
argued in a sales tax state (we have no sales tax where I live) back east
that their shows are for members only. They call them regionals and have
national shows.That status they argue exempts them from sales tax.
Boy could you have fun with early admission. Don't hold your breath. I
mention it as a curiosity.
oldcranky
Mike Stitt