Here are my thoughts....with this disclaimer....I helped put on this show along with a lot a really great people!

There were indeed many high-end machines that went home in the same vehicle they arrived in. The selection of machines was the best I've seen in many years. While buyers and dealers "simply did not pull the trigger..." there were more than a few machines that found a new home, not to mention hundreds 78's and cylinders. The show reached several new records (no pun intended) in a down economy. Putting on my dealer hat, the show was above average. Putting on my buyers hat I found a grouping of brown wax cylinders that had been together for over 115 years and in superb condition (with original boxes and record slips).

As others have noted for some it was a down year for some and for others it was a banner year. Nonethless, it was a memorable show and banquet. Charlie Hummel was our very first banquet speaker and so it was that he was again for our 25th show. His revelation that the Columbia Multiplex Grand was not a myth simply left me awestruck. There was the top works front and center for everyone to see! And then for Mike Khanchalian to resurrect a Multiplex Grand cylinder was far too much to expect, but he took it out of its storage can, slipped it on the mandrel and voila!, history right in front of your eyes. The cherry on top of all this was the 30 seconds worth of sound they were able to get off the first of three distinct selections. Look for an article coming to The Soundbox in the future.

The biggest takeaway (for me at least) was seeing all the wonderful people in our hobby come together in one place. There are people I only get to see at the show. I am gratified by the long list of people who come from so far away to attend the show.

I can't wait for next year!

Dan