PS Double click on the photos to enlarge them!

--- On Mon, 1/17/11, john robles <john9...@pacbell.net> wrote:

From: john robles <john9...@pacbell.net>
Subject: [Phono-L] New phonograph - Pathe cylinder machine
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 5:17 PM

Hi all
Here is the newest machine I have acquired, purchased before Christmas.  Had I
known the expenses I would run into with my dog, I might have waited...
It is a Pathe Coquet, a French machine from about 1905 or so. It is small, the
size of a Columbia AA, very cute. It is made of walnut, which is a nice change
from oak.  The reproducer had been cobbled together with rubber cement instead
of proper gaskets, and the sapphire is broken. I have a new sapphire and
gaskets and diaphragm on order. I had to use GooGone and a dental implement to
clean the gunk off the reproducer; see the before/after picture. Here is a link
to the photos.
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/john9ten/Pathe%20Coquet/
John Robles