I also have an interest in early radios and you will hear the same thing over in radio land. But, his auctions are all well photographed and the descriptions are very well written. Maybe he is just very good at proving P.T. Barnum was right.

On 01/25/2011 09:07 PM, john robles wrote:
I didn't wanna say that...but I agree.

--- On Tue, 1/25/11, Steve Andersen<ander...@tampabay.rr.com>  wrote:

From: Steve Andersen<ander...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] $6100.01 Edison Standard Phonograph
To: "Antique Phonograph List"<phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 7:01 PM

I have been watching Firebottles auctions for 3 years. The seller's machines
all have the same identical finish and luster on them. In my opinion, he
resprays them. His auctions always bring values which are way our of line and
the bidding historys have a pattern of the same person upping their bids
several times near the end. If it looks like a duck.......