I recently acquired a GEM in fantastic condition - 90-95%, in good working
order and correct "C" reproducer. The story that I was told is this: It came
from a family who apparently moved from London to North Carolina. It has the
typical GEM ID tag, not Edison-Bell, but supposedly has the original horn,
which is spun aluminum with a brass collar and is marked "Warranted London
Made". Does anyone have any info about these machines that were sold in
England? Is this the correct type of horn, or would it have shipped with the
tin version, or no horn at all and then fitted with this type?Curt