By the end of the brass era the bulb horn was gone and replaced with an electric horn. Cars with gas lights and no batteries used the bulb horn. Late teens was about th end of them. They sound like a whoopee cushion that has been stomped on...

On 07/22/2012 07:19 AM, Steven Medved wrote:

It looks like the auto horn maker clearly got the idea from a phonograph horn,
did they and how long were these made?   Steve
  >  From: aph4...@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 00:48:03 -0400
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Interesting horn on ebay

Thanks, I should have figured that out.  But I've never seen a black  and
brass auto horn before.  And that gives me a great  idea.  I can put a screen
on each of my horns and prevent the  inevitable entrance of moths and other
critters into my reproducers!

--Art Heller

In a message dated 7/21/2012 7:47:41 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,