I don't know who owned all of my phonographs previously, but I do know that my
Edisons were technically owned by Thomas Edison before he sold them across the
country. This thread reminded me to look at my Edison Standard, which by the
way, was personally owned by TAE. How do I know? Mine not only has his name on
it, but he signed it in gold... how's that for rare?

As far as I know, the only portable that I would pay any amount of money for is
an "RCA Special", windup with battery powered amp.