I agree with everyone who has had a negative experience with antique shops...
the odds are slim and none. Most antique shops call pickers who they know will
immediately buy certain items, so the randomness of the find becomes very
slight. Same with flea markets, unless you just stumble onto something by
chance. I have been in a flea market on the very first day and searched known
vendors for items of interest, only to find that on the last day of the market
someone bought an unusual item from a vendor that I had searched two days
before - the vendor held items back to show to a certain person, even though
they were not already purchased by that person. That being said, I nominate
Kinney Rorrer for my candidate of the collector with extremely good luck.
Several years ago, he found a Victor 6 ornate horn machine cabinet in an
antique shop for under $100, but his best find was in Greensboro, NC at a junk
shop. He walked in and found an Auxetophone for I think, $135 - then the ow
 ner of the shop informed him that that item was on sale for 20% off...
unbelievable.