From: mobility scooters <mobilityscoot...@xtra.co.nz>
To: 'Antique Phonograph List' <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 12:41 am
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Amberola 80

I would just like to say Thank You to all for sharing this information
especially Al and Steve.
I have always thought that we are only "Care Takers" of the machines we own
and I think our job is to keep or make  any machine as original as it can be
and play as well as it can and enjoy it!!
Alongside that if we can collect and add any information on its own history
or history of the actual machine is quite special.
I am in New Zealand and without the help from Steve Medved many of my
machines would still be dead or very sad machines including this Amberola
80. Since Steve overhauled the reproducer it sounds fantastic and I am sure
it is as good or better than it was when new. It is now alive and I have the
machine as close to original as I can and I am proud of that!
But with this forum and all the helpful participants I can now add some more
information on the Amberola 80 and keep this with the machine for the next
owner.
I hope people realize how important this forum is to other members with
limited knowledge and how much a small collector like me in New Zealand
appreciates it.
We are just so far away from the USA and I must say that the internet is one
of the biggest things to thank, as without this means of communication there
would be such a lot of information lost or not shared and a huge amount of
machines never being repaired because of not being able to find the missing
parts or make the right contacts!
Many Thanks
Tony