Hello Tim, Do you remember the serial numbers?

I'll look into that and e-mail you separately.

Did you ever rebuild a diamond D with the extra lead weight still on it?

I personally found it impossible to rebuild a D with the big weight attached.

How much difference does the larger horn make?

Well, so much is dependent on the cylinder you are playing. I never made a
comparison test between an 80 and, say, a 75.

 Was the carriage different?  The diamond D will not fit in a 30 50 75 carriage
unless you install the reproducer and then attach the weight.

That's an interesting question. My perception is that the carriage is
identical. The D only "just" clears the record. And they have a tendency to
swell, which could explain why you found it a problem to get into the carriage.
I had one like that myself. But my impression is a "well-preserved" D will in
fact fit a "regular" carriage.

TF