As you may have heard, aboutsix weeks ago the memberships of The Antique
Phonograph Society and theMichigan Antique Phonograph Society voted 98.5% in
favor of merging the twoorganizations.  The formal merger isprojected for
January 1, 2014.  For thefirst year, the new Society will be governed by the
combined Boards of thecurrent organizations.

The new organization,The Antique Phonograph Society, will be publishing a
quarterly journal ("The Antique Phonograph") which will be anexpanded
combination of the existing APS journal of the same name and the
MAPSpublication, "In the Groove."  Rather than waiting for the new year, we
willmail the first combined journal to all members of the APS and MAPS in
November(although the masthead date will be December).

Enclosed with "The Antique Phonograph" will be a 2014 membership application
for the merged Antique Phonograph Society.  (Memberships will be on a
calendar-yearbasis.)  We hope all members of MAPS andAPS will like what they
see in "TheAntique Phonograph" and sign up for 2014.

Watch for the newjournal in November!

George Paul
President, AntiquePhonograph Society