My guess is that it is pressed steel with the center hub tack welded on.


From: Phono-L [] On Behalf Of Ron
L'Herault via Phono-L
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:09 PM
To: 'Antique Phonograph List'
Cc: Ron L'Herault
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] "Sprung" Platter


Is that a pressed steel or solid turntable?   It would probably be easier to
find another turntable, but I'd also consider heat and/or talking to an
older automotive body technician.


Ron L


From: Phono-L [] On Behalf Of John Selph
via Phono-L
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 6:15 PM
Cc: John Selph
Subject: [Phono-L] "Sprung" Platter


Anyone know of a  way to repair a "sprung" platter?  Apparently someone
attempted to remove the platter on a VV 1-1 by prying and the platter is now
warped.  I was thinking of possibly using a press to apply pressure and
placing a tack weld on the "high" side of the platter/hub connection.  Would
this work?




"Once in the wilds of Afghanistan I lost my corkscrew, and we were forced to
live on nothing but food and water for days."  W. C. Fields




Phono-L mailing list

Reply via email to