On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Avdhesh Yadav <a...@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:
>  I think at the time of subscribe what you are doing is going through all
> the images for album and adding to jcr right ?
> Are you storing meta data of images also in the jcr?I am thinking of doing
> lazy fetching of images
> I mean instead of fetching images at the time of subscribe just save the
> album url at the time of subscribe
> and when anyone view the remote album from the gallery..we should fetch the
> meta-data of image  and cache it into the JCR.
> it make a bit complicated but improves the user experience.later on any way
> we have to add the sync feature
> so your idea is also good and it work.but suppose if an album has 1000
> images..it would make bad experience if  user have to wait after clicking
> subscribing to albums.

The downside with this approach is that we can't perform search on the
subscriptions. If you are concerned about user waiting on the ui, we
don't exactly need to have a blocking operation, and we can add the
new subscription to a queue to be processed on the background or
something more async.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende