Hi All!
I've a encountered a baffling problem in one project of mine.

It's a data entry application build to work as a "stand-alone" app -
it's all on a PC, built on Win98, PWS, PHP 4.0.3, and access
2000 as DB, accessed (pun not intended!) thru ODBC.

I wished to delete all rows from a couple of tables, to start filling
them anew. So I issued the following commands:

[...]
if (!isset($conn))
{
        $statusOpen=DB_Open(&$conn,$dbName);
}
if(!$statusOpen) die ("error in DB ".$dbName);

$ji=odbc_exec($conn,"DELETE FROM table1");
echo "->$ji<-<br>";
$ji=odbc_exec($conn,"DELETE FROM table2");
echo "->$ji<-<br>";

[...]

The two "echo"s are for debug purposes, obviously.
Actually, no error condition is returned. On screen I see that both
echo print a valid result ID. But the second DELETE is NOT
executed!
All rows all still there, after the execution.

If I change the order of the query, i.e.

[...]

$ji=odbc_exec($conn,"DELETE FROM table2");
echo "->$ji<-<br>";
$ji=odbc_exec($conn,"DELETE FROM table1");
echo "->$ji<-<br>";

[...]

Data in table2 are deleted, and data in table1 are still there!

Even If I put some other query in the middle, it appears that only
the first "DELETE" is really executed, while the other is silently
ignored.

Somebody has a clue on what's happening???

TIA, bye!

Fabrizio Ermini               Alternate E-mail:
C.so Umberto, 7               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
loc. Meleto Valdarno          Mail on GSM: (keep it short!)
52020 Cavriglia (AR)          [EMAIL PROTECTED]