So you like to let the SQL check for those constraints and you want only the
PHP to deal with that ugly error:

 - disable the error output by placing @ before your php-function

 - catch the error either by checking $php_errormsg (works only if
error-tracking is enabled) or by the result code or mssql_get_last_message

  - find your keyword and print an adapted message