We have a Linux/Apache/PHP combination working with Informix and Oracle.

The first thing we do is to get the Apache and PHP sources. After that
is needed to compile Apache. With both PHP extensions (Oracle
or Informix) you must install the development libraries, installing
the server or client.

Use the next lines on the command line for PHP (depends of Informix or
Oracle):

./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.14 --enable-track-vars

--with-informix=../informix/...
(for more info contact Marko Perich [EMAIL PROTECTED] , Sorry Marko
:) )

or

--with-oracle=/home/client_ora/app/oracle/product/8.1.6
--with-oci8=/home/client_ora/app/oracle/product/8.1.6

Oracle Environment:

(I put all this vars in httpd.conf of apache configuration... maybe its the
wrong way, but its work)-
NLS_LANG        american
ORA_NLS33
/home/client_ora/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/ocommon/nls/admin/data
ORACLE_BASE    /home/client_ora/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME    /home/client_ora/app/oracle/product/8.1.6
ORACLE_SID        ORCL
TNS_ADMIN            /home/client_ora/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/admin

FOR ORACLE THIS VARS ARE  V E R Y  IMPORTANT,
I spend 30 min trying to understand why I get the TNS error, after of the
TNS_ADMIN declaration
Gotcha! all works.

Also not forget to activate the PHP module on Apache compile.

Regards - Saludos,
Juan M. Wagner