Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a read and see if it'll work for me. I
need to get a handle on sessions & cookies anyway, maybe this is a good
time.

I don't have any php books, good or otherwise. I've been using the
documentation at www.php.net and scanning the list archives to feel my way
around. Probably not the best approach. You could probably sum up my coding
style with "why write 1,000 lines of code when 5,000 will do?" Still, it
gets the job done, I guess.

I'm using O'Reilly's "MySQL & mSQL" for a MySQL reference and it's a good
command reference, but for learning code I find the list archives to be a
little more instructive. Seeing how other people are doing the stuff I'm
trying to do is a little more "real world".