Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ora_logon()

Obviously my server is not set up to use Oracle. Oracle is not installed on
this machine. I am trying to access a different machine that has oracle
installed. So what steps do I have to take to turn Oracle access on?

My problem is that another company hosts my website, so I don't have
authority to make any changes. If it isn't too hard, then I might be able to
convince them to make the changes for me.

- Doug