Ok here is the problem. At the preview stage.. I lets say I do this:

<?php $describe = stripslashes($describe);?>

<input type=hidden name=describe value="<?php print $describe?>">

Then.. when I load the next script to update the database.. I echo out my
SQL statement.

UPDATE news SET release_date='2000-11-01', title='NSFAwards $2.9
Million for Web100 Project ', description='The National Science Foundation
has awarded $2.9 million to the Web100 Project, a research effort aimed at
bringing data transmission rates of 100
megabits per second to the desktops of researchers. The three-year grant,
effective September 15, provides funding to develop software that can
automatically ', contact='Sean Fulton
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
(412) 268-4960
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
', content='', type='local' WHERE news_id=

Now.. ignore the problem at the end of the SQL statement (thats because of
the qoute problem). But.. you will notice that my description is cut off
at automatically. This is what it should look like:

The National Science Foundation has awarded $2.9 million to the Web100
Project, a research effort aimed at bringing data transmission rates of
100 megabits per second to the desktops of researchers. The
three-year grant, effective September 15, provides funding to develop
software that can automatically "tune" computer operating systems to fully
exploit available network bandwidth.

(Of course the slashes should be there in the SQL script.. but they
arent.)

Any ideas? Or want me to try to explain this again.

-Tanya