moreover , even if they cant see the text of the page,  Your password is
going over  the internet in plain  text.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 7:24 PM
To: php-db list
Subject: [PHP-DB] PHP security

I am writing aome PHP scripts to connect to a MySQL database.  In order
to connect, I have found the following documented code:

$dbLink = mysql_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password")

Here, the password is plain text.  This does not seem very secure to
me.  What is to prevent someone using a program like Frontpage to
download my web and discover my password?