I had a similar problem.

Worked up a tnsnames.ora file on windoz machines.  Thought it would be no
big deal if it was copied over to linux and used.  But there is a big deal..
Oracle can't handle the <CR><NL> character sequence, in a unix environment.

Go figure...

There used to be a dos2unix program lying around my linux box.  A couple of
distributions later, I find none..

vi works well though..

$ vi tnsnames.ora
:set ff=unix
:w!

Did the trick for me, HTH.
-Joe

""Peter J. Krawetzky"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001801c09cce$8c530160$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001801c09cce$8c530160$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I appears that PHP does not know about the paths for Oracle.  I am only
> guessing at this because I haven't installed Oracle on a Linux/Apache box
> but I think Apache is not aware of the Oracle paths that are required.
You
> might need to recompile Apache with the appropriate configuration
> parameters.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]