Actually, if I had ftp'd the files I probably would have used ascii
(*probably*).

I used an SMB mount to copy the files.  Never crossed my mind that CRLF
would be an issue.  Rarely is anymore, but...

Wanted to let the world know there's an easy way to convert files with vi.

Wish I know how to do it with emacs... ;-)  Didn't take long to figure it
out with vi, so I went that route.

(BTW who's the joker at Microsoft that thinks ctrl-p should print things?)
-Joe

000c01c09cf2$c00a8ef0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:000c01c09cf2$c00a8ef0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...