From: bryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 4:48 PM
To: Joe Brown; db
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] md5

Yeah, i am aware of the 32 byte character string.  As a matter of fact, I
md5 the password on initial
sign-up.  Then just compare it to the regular password.  As for this case, I
am trying to
update the password that is already md5 'd in the database.  The problem is,
I am creating a
random string (with letters and numbers) and making it 10 characters long.
I think md5
has a problem with this, for some reason....

Probably just me though.  Thanks for the advice.

bryan