I think you must execute two queries, one to have the "numbers" on the top
frame and another to fill a list of links on the left page. You can
configure the URL source of the frame pages, passing URL parameters to
execute each query, based on the result of your previously submitted form :

1. Submit the form and analyze query results.
2. Configure the frameset URL's page source, to show the numbers on top and
links on the left. The main should have a default ( not yet selected) page :
/*
<FRAMESET ROWS="100,*" FRAMEBORDER="0" BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" >
 <FRAME NAME="top" NORESIZE SCROLLING="NO" SRC="head.php?param=<?PHP
stuff?>" MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
 <FRAMESET COLS="250,*" FRAMEBORDER="0" BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0">
  <FRAME NAME="menu" NORESIZE SCROLLING="auto" SRC="menu.php?param=<?PHP
stuff?>" MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
  <FRAME NAME="main" NORESIZE SCROLLING="AUTO" SRC="default.php"
MARGINHEIGHT="0">
 </FRAMESET>
*/
4 Execute the queries 1 and 2 on each page been loaded on frames top and
left .
3 Leave the user clicks on the left links with target="main" . To back to
form page remember to reset target to "_parent" to remove the frameset and
show the original no frames page.

It works.

HTH

Jayme.