I've been trying to find information on the interaction of XML and PHP
(for a view of one day writing .cgi scripts that search my
xml documents with a knowledge of their hierarchy, etc.) And
I came across this recorded roundtable discussion
on perl and xml at:

Now, I wonder if Perl is a better choice than PHP to interact with XML

Any experience on integrating PHP with XML?

PS: (The two main speakers are Larry Wall, the developer of the Perl
programming language, and Tim Bray, the co-editor of the XML
and the technical editor for XML.com)