Hi Doug,

ODBC can certainly be used from a Linux client to NT Oracle server.
You will want to examine OpenLink's Multi-Tier drivers.  Install the trial
copy with client side components on Linux, and the server-side components on
the NT Oracle box.

The HOWTO at www.iodbc.org discusses using --with-iodbc when compiling PHP
as an apache module on Linux. iODBC is a Driver Manager, which makes PHP
"ODBC-aware" and provides the ability to use any ODBC drivers.

The trial copy of OpenLink's ODBC drivers don't expire, nor limit any
functionality except to limit concurrency to 2 connections.  A paid license
is needed above that.

Free support is provided for installation at
http://www.openlinksw.com/support/suppindx.htm

Please let me know if I may be of assistance.

Best regards,
Andrew
Andrew Hill - OpenLink Software
Director Technology Evangelism