In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matt Coyne) wrote:

> now does anyone know about getting ages from dates of birth (previous post
> of mine) and also searching by age group when you only have dates of birth
> in the table!!

See the MySQL manual's chapter on date/time functions for many options.
Personally, I'm a big fan of date_add() and date_sub() since they allow for
using relatively "natural language" intervals like "interval 1 day" or
"interval 3 year" when doing the calcuations.  Easier to read ==> easier to
debug (IMO).

--
CC