I am setting up an episode guide for one of my favourite shows and with this
I need to include three screenshots:

episodeID_a.jpg
episodeID_b.jpg
episodeID_c.jpg

In some cases though the files will not exist and therefore I need too check
if they exist and if they don't then it will display a blank image...

Whats wrong with this code?

<?php

$img1 = "episodeID_a.jpg";
$img2 = "episodeID_b.jpg";
$img3 = "episodeID_c.jpg";

for ($x=1; $x <= 3; $x++) {

        if (!$file_exists(.//$img$x)) {

        //Change the variable $img? and give it the value of a temporary, blank
image

                $img$x="blank.jpg";

        }

print("$img$x<br>");