I've got 2000 pages that are dependent on one include and I don't wanna
alter it too much and I'd like to use some JS in a linked file. I don't
wanna include it in and have it displayed.

Is there a way to do:

$some_number = $mysql_num_rows;

<link lanuguage="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="external.js">

And use the $some_number variable in that external.js file?

I've tried several ideas, to no avail. Like: changing the .js to a .php
and echoing the value, etc.

Thanks,

John