On Tuesday 03 April 2001 23:10, Mauricio Junqueira wrote:
> HI,
>
> does anyone knows how to retrive information about the columns names of a
> table?
> I know that is possible to use show table mytable using isql but
> I need to get information about the columns using sql.
> that information is to be accessed with a php script. so, I'm looking
> for something resembling "select info from table...."
>
> How may I supposed to do that?

Hi Mauricio,

I guess you're using Interbase (isql).

The system table your looking for is named RDB$RELATION_FIELDS

Your select should be something like:

select RDB$FIELD_NAME from RDB$RELATION_FIELDS where
RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'your_table_name'

I'm building a new system, and I don't have an installation of Interbase
I can check this on. I've got it from the Interbase documentation (the
LANGREF.pdf file).

HTH
--
Meir Kriheli

  There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd