Hello...

Either the Username or Password or Database does not exist...

Do this

$db = mysql_connect(server, $user, $password)
        or die ("Sorry something is wrong");
$select = mysql_select_db("intranet", $db);
        or die ("Sorry something is wrong");

That way you can see if it connects and or if the Database does
exist.....

You can also delete $select as well so it would read.....

mysql_select_db("intranet", $db);
        or die ("Sorry something is wrong");

That what I use....

That really might be the problem......

Learn how to put in debug stuff..... It's easier to see your
mistakes....I know I had a bunch...

Dan