On 4 Apr 2001 06:54:45 -0700 AD in php.db, Brunner, Daniel said:

>Hello...
>
>Either the Username or Password or Database does not exist...

NO!.

"Call to undefined function" means it doesn't know the name of the function
you are calling.

if the function name is correct you either need to load a mySQL library for
PHP using the dl statement or you need to compile PHP with mySQL support
enabled.

Check with your server administrator.

>Do this
>
>$db =3D mysql_connect(server, $user, $password)=20
>       or die ("Sorry something is wrong");
>$select =3D mysql_select_db("intranet", $db);
>       or die ("Sorry something is wrong");
>
>That way you can see if it connects and or if the Database does
>exist.....
>

>You can also delete $select as well so it would read.....
>
>mysql_select_db("intranet", $db);
>       or die ("Sorry something is wrong");
>
>That what I use....
>
>That really might be the problem......
>

>Learn how to put in debug stuff..... It's easier to see your
>mistakes....I know I had a bunch...
>

>Dan=20

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

   Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
    -- Philippians 4:4
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20010404