>WHy on earth
>would I want to upgrade to a new version which would prob take me all
>day, maybe crash the server on which several important websites sit on,
>and is generally more hassle than it's worth.

Reasons for upgrading: new features, security issues, bugfixes, want
to  have ;) ....

It takes me about 10 minutes to upgrade MySQL.. add another 10 for PHP and
Apache..
If you were really that concerned about the important websites, you would
have upgraded to a more recent release. There are a few security issues
with 3.22.32
It's your decision..

Bye,

B.