Here, I think you may be over - using session variables a bit...have not used them in
php, as I have version 3, which doesn't support them.  However, by day I am an ASP
developer, and article after article I read warns about session variables!  They are
great, but can hog
memory, especially if you have many users concurrently, so I would use them sparingly,
just when you have to.

The "back" button problem - here is where a session variable might be usefull, if you
want to force a particular order of website traversal and not allow them to go back -
when leaving, say page 1 - set a session variable $visitedPageOne = true
On the top of that page, first thing - check for the value of $visitedPageOne, if
true, redirect to the next page, ect.

Phil J.