Well to start with, I would examine the nature of the data you want to
store, it's datatype, size, ect.  Follow the other reccommendations as to
not repeating data
across tables.  I tend to use autonumber fields for keys quite often.  Also,
think about what data could go into "domain" tables where you have a fairly
non-volitile
and finite set of values, and you plan on searching on this, and don't want
to risk the vagaries of a user spelling it a dozen different ways when
entereing the data....for example - if you have a fixed number of locations,
or computer make - i.e.Dell, Compaq, etc.  Also, be sure and provide admin
pages to update these domain tables...maybe next month your company starts
buying ABC-brand pcs - add it to the domain table.  When entereing or
searching - the values in these domain tables populate drop-down listboxes -
not left to chance to be entered in a text field....

Phil J.