This is my first time programming with PHP.  I have seen include files in
the beginning of a php block and wonder is there a specific syntax used in
these files and how secure this is vs code in my .php page?

Can someone show me a small example of what the include file might look like
that would contain variables for  $mysql server, $username $password and
$db_name.

Any comments you may have about security involving files containing these
variables and where to store them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Kat