Selvin,

What database are you using? The latest version of MySQL can, I believe,
index text fields, so this would suit both your keywords and description
fields. If that's the database you are using I'd read the  relevant portion
of the docs very carefully and test to match.

The index function you would want to use would be one native to your database.

More commonly, indexes hold single values, like surname, product_id,
birth_date, etc.

Your best way may be to look at one of the Open Source search engines.
ht://dig is one, and is relatively easy to install and customize.  If you
still want to roll your own it would be worthwhile examining the source to
see how those developers have handled the problem.

Cheers - Miles Thompson