In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (cameron walker) wrote:

> It's hard to comprehend how this is a MySQL problem as my SQL commands work
> perfectly when entered at the command line. This fact is a pretty strong
> pointer to PHP being the culprit. Why empirical test would suggest otherwise?

A good empirical test is to echo/print the sql to the browser at the point
where it is submitted to mysql_query().  Then copy/paste that back to the
command line.

As long as the quoting isn't scewed up, PHP should not care what is in a
query submitted to MySQL.  And since apparently PHP isn't throwing an error
(you *are* checking the value of $php_errormsg, right?) it sounds like the
only thing balking at this query is MySQL.

--
CC