From: Russ Michell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 5:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] web to access/excel

*****Apologies for cross-postings******

Hi there all:

Does anyone know of a product - preferably free, that once
installed, can take info from an ordinary HTML web based form and
drop it into an access/excel database/spreadsheet?? or a
pre-defined/written script or class written for Apache/php4/MySQL that
has the information filtering and sorting capabilites of excel/access??

One of our departments urgently requires such functionality to increase
processing times of student enquiries. At present the information from
the students is in a non-standardised format in the form of an email
that has to be processed by hand.

The data needs to be formalised from a structured online form, and
inserted into an access/excel type 'environment' that current
(non-web technical) administrators are familliar with.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Again I apologise for the cross posting but this is a pressing matter,
that requires I find a pointer to a solution, or an actual solution
as fast as I can!

Kind regards:
Russ

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"