YES!!  I just had a feeling the book was wrong.  That did get rid of the
error.  However, it did not completely solve my issue.  Now when I run the
script I just get the message "Couldn't list databases."  This just happens
to be the die message for the same line of code that I have been looking at:

   $tables = mysql_list_tables($db_names[$db_num]) or die("Couldn't list
databases.");

It is almost as if it is not being able to even list the tables from the
databases.  I am working right now on just listing the tables of a database
to see what happens.

Thank you,
jkd