Hi,

After Compiling PHP 4.0.4pl1 with Apache_1.3.20 and trying to connect to an
mysql 3.23.32, I am getting the following error:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't initialize character set 12 (path:
default)

I have compiled the PHP with the --with-mysql option.

I also compiled the PHP with the --with-mysql=/usr/local but when trying to
configure Apache I am getting the following error -

./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

uncompress                          /usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient.so
compress                            /usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to helpers/dummy
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `dummy'

Any idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks,