I am almost crazy now after playing with these codes
over 10 hours.
I don't expect to call sybase_query() one by one for
executing sql batch. It just doesn't work for me like
what I said yesterday. Now I try to make a stored
procedure for these sql batch. So I can call
sybase_query() only once. But sometimes it works and
sometimes not, it depends on what is in the stored
procedure. And I am sure that every stored procedure I
put into sybase_query() can be run on "SQL Server
Query Analyzer" perfectly.
e.g.
SP1:  (works)
CREATE PROCEDURE SP1 AS
insert into mytable values(...)
select * from mytable

SP2:  (doesn't work)
CREATE PROCEDURE SP2 AS
select * from mytable
select * from mytable

SP3:  (doesn't work)
CREATE PROCEDURE SP3 AS
insert into mytable values(...)
insert into mytable values(...)

It looks that the sybase_query() is not stable. I am
not the person doing freetds setup on this Unix
machine. Do you think this is a freetds related
problem?